Invisalign – Everything You Need to Knowhttps://oakwooddp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Invisalign-provider.png 355 142 sam sam https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/6eab6b90acb5cb5b7c914a61448c5890?s=96&d=mm&r=g
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners offer the perfect solution as they are clear and have a precision fit – so you will be the only person who knows you are wearing them! This also means you benefit sooner from your evolving perfect smile, which will be visible during treatment – without being hidden behind traditional wire and bracket solutions. Oprah Winfrey and Tom Cruise are just a few well known celebrities who have used this teeth straightening solution – and you can too!
How does Invisalign work?
Innovative 3D printing technology now allows for a brighter, more comfortable way to straighten your teeth using transparent resin trays. These trays are 0.3mm thick, and as the name implies, are transparent. They are created to fit perfectly over your teeth with no uncomfortable parts sticking into your delicate gums or cheeks. What’s more, you may find that these almost invisible braces go totally unnoticed by friends or colleagues. And even though you do need to wear the aligners for 20-22 hours a day, you can take them out for an hour or two for a very special occasion.
One of the fantastic things about Invisalign is that the transparent alignment trays are removable. You can take the trays out to enjoy your meals and for flossing and brushing your teeth.
- Virtually invisible – so you can smile and socialise in confidence.
- Removable – so you can eat, drink, brush and floss as usual.
- Custom made and close fitting – your speech won’t be affected
- Smooth and a snug fit – discomfort and damage to gums and surrounding tissue that can be caused by some fixed brace brackets, or loose or broken bracket wires, is eliminated
- Reduced treatment time – precision digital planning reduces treatment time from some traditional teeth straightening methods
- Time saving – on average, you only need to make a short visit to us every 6-8 weeks to collect each series of aligners. You would change your aligners every two weeks without having to revisit the clinic.
- Less invasive – the aligners are removable, clear, smooth and flexible. No issues commonly caused by some bracket and wire brace options.
- Enjoy the benefits of your improving smile at every stage – as Invisalign aligners are clear and virtually invisible, people will only notice your improving smile and not your braces.
Invisalign can be used to treat a variety of problems including:
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Overly crowded teeth
- A deep bite
- An underbite
- An open bite
- A crossbite
Can everyone use Invisalign?
Invisalign is suitable for most teeth straightening, apart from more extreme case when jaw adjustment with alternative orthodontic procedures is needed. It may also not be suitable for younger cases where teeth are still growing.
We offer a bespoke treatment plan and finance options to make sure you can get the perfect smile you deserve.
Call in and find out more
Our patients here at Oakwood Dental have the opportunity to take advantage of Invisalign braces in Southampton. You can too by visiting us for a consultation appointment. Why not find out if Invisalign is right for you? Join us for an assessment and let us help you achieve a better smile.